Elderberry has a color of cherries so these are purplish in nature.
Here are some steps that will help you to make a great Elderberry syrup.
You need the following things to make Elderberry syrup.
1. 3 cups of fresh water ( This makes it total of 3x 8oz of water )
2. 1 cup full of Elderberry ( Must be fresh )
3. One cup of honey is required.
4. These 3 things are optional, and this is
- one cinnamon Stick.
- Three cloves.
- Fresh minced 1 or 1/2 teaspoon of ginger root for taste.
1. First of all, you have to place all the ingredients that are Elderberries, fresh water; cloves, ginger root and cinnamon stick in a sauce pan.
2. Make medium heat.
3. Make it boil.
4. Now once it reaches the boiling point reduce the heat and simmer it. You need to simmer it for about thirty minutes or so.
5. You will need to use a potato masher so that you can mash the Elderberries to release the juice.
6. Filter the juice and discard the pulp ( for making syrup you have to discard the pulp part )
7. Once filtered, you now have to add 1 cup of Honey in it. Keep stirring the syrup with honey until it is thoroughly mixed.
8. Put it in a tight lid jar.
9. You can use this for about two months ( it must be refrigerated )