Cholesterol is fat type substance which is found in the body made by our liver. Cholesterol is part of every cell found in the body, so by this it is very important substance of our body. Cholesterol in body works to perform very important functions. some of which are given below.
1. Since cholesterol is part of every cell so it helps maintain the outer wall of cells.
2. cholesterol helps to make hormones in the body which are actually type of chemical messengers.
3. It helps to make a type of vitamin known as vitamin D.
Why it is Considered Bad by People when it is so useful ?
Here things become interesting some times our body start making more cholesterol than we actually need, now what happens is this that this excessive cholesterol starts to circulate in our body and during this circulation it starts to attach itself with the walls of blood vessels and this results to block the blood flow also becomes the cause of clogging the blood vessels which as a result increases the blood pressure of body, increasing the chances of hitting heart strokes. Now you know the story :).
How to Reduce Cholesterol ?
If you want to control the cholesterol level in your body, then you must know that which foods help to reduce the cholesterol level and which foods increase the cholesterol levels. If you know this concept then you can easily control the cholesterol level.
1. High Cholesterol Foods
Here are top 10 foods that cause high cholesterol, the ranking is based on from High to low portion of cholesterol in each food item. The data is taken from "USDA Nutrient Data Laboratory"( you can check the website here of USDA). You can cross check it there.
1. Brain, Beef contains 3100 mg/100gm of food portion.
2. veal contains 3100mg/100gm of food portion.
3. Pork contains 2552mg/100gm of food portion.
4. Egg, yep eggs, it contains 2335mg/100gm of cholesterol of food portion.
5. Fish Oil, it contains 766mg/100gm cholesterol of food portion.
6. Chicken contains 563mg/100gm cholesterol of food portion.
7. Duck contains 515mg/100gm cholesterol of food portion.
9. Goose contains 515mg/100gm cholesterol of food portion.
10. Turkey contains 388mg/100gm cholesterol of food portion.
2. Low Cholesterol Foods
This list is very basic and simple yet effective. Here are four types of food that have very low or non cholesterol levels.
1. Vegetables: These are considered the healthiest of all because they are low in calorie content. Contains high dietary fiber, more vitamins which are essentials for our body.
Yep Pulses, these are very effective in reducing the cholesterol level if you want to read more on this you can look into my archive named " Pulses the Meal of Kings".
3. Nuts and seeds
Nuts and seeds contain large quantity of vitamins and minerals and they contain very little amount of cholesterol levels.
Yes the fruits they are rich in vitamins and nutrients, have very very low amount of cholesterol and also very low calorie content in it.